Research Geophysicist/Geologist/Physical Scientist/Space Scientist, GS-13. The submission process is now closed.
Why it's great working for the Astrogeology Science Center?
- Participate in space exploration, be the first to see new images of a planetary surface, command a remotely controlled vehicle, and more.
- Flexible Work Schedule allows you to create personal time.
- Tele-commute from home a few days a month to concentrate on complex projects.
- Accrue annual leave, up to 5 weeks of paid leave per year.
- Opportunities to travel to conferences, mission operations, and meetings.
- Ability to publish not only in official USGS releases, but also professional journals.
- Public Service by contributing to the public knowledge about our Solar System.
- Work with world class scientists on unique and exciting projects.
- Casual dress, no problems with cargo shorts and t-shirts.
- Training opportunities to learn and use new skills and technologies.
- Great benefits, retirement, health insurance, holiday pay, and more!
- See Why It's Great Working for the USGS for more benefits information.
Relocating to Flagstaff
All positions with the U.S. Geological Survey, including those with the Astrogeology Science Center, are advertised online:
E.M Shoemaker Postdoctoral Fellowship
The E.M. Shoemaker Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provides and opportunity for postdoctoral fellows to conduct concentrated research in association with selected members of the USGS Astrogeology Research Program scientific and technical staff, often as a final element to their formal career preparation. Read more…
Looking for an internship with the USGS Astrogeology Science Center or elsewhere in the federal government? Read more…