Tools for ArcMap 10.x
- Tools for Graphics and Shapes - Contains many useful routines including the latest geodesic calculations (area and length) and ocentric-ographic tools.
- Crater Helper Tools v1.1 - Provides a set of tools for measuring and digitizing craters and other morphologic features.
- Raster Riser v1.0 - Provides a maunal sorting method to reorder rasters within a ArcMap mosaic dataset.
- Zonal Statistics Toolbox - Python toolbox with tools to analyze and report slope statistics for multiple landing sites. Tools include Merge Files, Topology Check, Zonal Statistics Tool, and Create Histogram Plot.
- PGM Toolbox - Python toolbox with routines to automate GIS workflows common to planetary geologic mapping. Tools include New Project Geodatabase, Merge Files, Topology Check, Build Polygons, and Slope/Aspect Test.
- Nomenclature WKT Toolbar - Esri Add-in to retrieve Well Known Text (WKT) string of an object and print it to the ArcMap python console. Supports normal coordinats and 0-360 longitude.
- Contour Line Attribution Tool -
This tool is designed to allow the user to draw a line that intersects
one or more unattributed contours. The user then sets the start
elevation (contour) value and the interval at which the elevation
contours should increment.
- Iterative Self Select Intersected -
This tool will iteratively loop over selected features (in a single layer) adding to the selected set if those features intersect any other feature.
- Tectonic Reconstruct - Tectonic Reconstruct v1.2 (beta) add-in provides a set of tools for the sequential reconstruction of tectonic features.
Tools for ArcMap 9.x
Useful External links
Free GIS/Image Viewers and Utilities
- Global Mapper (Windows only, limited to a few layers in free version)
- Planetary radii built-in, simple 3D viewer
- JMars (Mars, Moon, etc., )
- HiView Jpeg2000/JPIP viewer
- GMT - Generic Mapping Tools
- Mirone (GMT, GDAL, Matlab mash-up, may require matlab for some OSs)
- SAGA GIS
- GRASS GIS
- GDAL conversion and image tools
- PERL header scripts for ISIS2, ISIS3, PDS, and VICAR