The Astrogeology Science Center is seeking a Management Analyst. Specific duties for the position include the following:
To learn more and apply visit here!
- Enters data (or leads support staff data entry) from employee updates, on hours spent on assignments and estimates for subtask completion.
- Maintains database on the status of each project in portfolio in the Astrogeology budget and project management tools.
- Maintains the database of current and future work, assisting project chief to create realistic schedules for their project work.
- Maintains matrix of staff member availabilities of tactical and strategic time scales, assisting project chiefs in gathering teams that could realistically work on a future project.
Why it's great working for the Astrogeology Science Center?
- Participate in space exploration, be the first to see new images of a planetary surface, command a remotely controlled vehicle, and more.
- Flexible Work Schedule allows you to create personal time.
- Tele-commute from home a few days a month to concentrate on complex projects.
- Accrue annual leave, up to 5 weeks of paid leave per year.
- Opportunities to travel to conferences, mission operations, and meetings.
- Ability to publish not only in official USGS releases, but also professional journals.
- Public Service by contributing to the public knowledge about our Solar System.
- Work with world class scientists on unique and exciting projects.
- Casual dress.
- Training opportunities to learn and use new skills and technologies.
- Great benefits, retirement, health insurance, holiday pay, and more!
Relocating to Flagstaff
All positions with the U.S. Geological Survey, including those with the Astrogeology Science Center, are advertised online:
Looking for an internship with the USGS Astrogeology Science Center or elsewhere in the federal government? Read more…