Sol 181 update on Curiosity from USGS Scientist Ken Herkenhoff: Waiting for Confirmation6 February 2013
Planning is still "restricted," so we had an opportunity to acquire more ChemCam and imaging data on Sol 181 while waiting for confirmation that the Sol 180 "mini-drill" test completed successfully. As MAHLI/MARDI uplink lead, I focused on planning MAHLI images of 3 targets in front of the rover. We had to avoid the area of the drill testing, to avoid disturbing it, but there are plenty of other areas of interest. Again, the planning assumes that the Sol 181 activities went well, because we won't receive the Sol 181 data until early tomorrow morning.